While this is a Tier III indicator, Australia would like to provide some information against this Indicator
National strategy for youth employment
- The Australian Government is investing around $1.5 billion over the four years from 2018-19 in employment programs and services that are tailored to the needs of young people.
- This investment includes $912.5 million over four years from 2018-19 for measures within the Youth Employment Package, to help give young Australians the right assistance and encouragement to learn new skills, become job ready, get a job, and stay in a job.
- At the core of the Youth Employment Package is the Youth Jobs PaTH, an investment of $820.9 million over four years from 2018-19 that will help young job seekers, under 25 years, get the skills and experience they need to help them enter the labour market.
- Australia’s investment in youth employment programs also includes the successful Transition to Work service, which provides intensive pre-employment assistance to young people who have disengaged from work and study and are at risk of long-term welfare dependence.
- Additional information on youth employment programs and initiatives administered by the Department of Jobs and Small Business can be found at: https://www.jobs.gov.au/youth